Workshops on the Conservation of Japanese Textiles 2019
|Date:||14. - 16. August 2019 & 19. - 23. August 2019|
|Place:||Research Center for Conservation of Cultural Relics | National Taiwan Normal University|
Tokyo National Research Institute for Cultural Properties (TNRICP) is pleased to announce two workshops on conservation and restoration of Japanese textiles held in August 2019. The workshops take place at Research Centre for Conservation of Cultural Relics in National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan. They will be conducted in English (consecutive interpretation from Japanese). Those are free of charge, but the participants must arrange their own trip and accommodation.
- Title: Basic Workshop : Cultural Properties of Textiles in Japan
Advanced Workshop : Conservation of Japanese Textiles
- Dates: Basic Workshop : 14th – 16th August 2019 Advanced Workshop : 19th – 23rd August 2019
- Place: Research Center for Conservation of Cultural Relics, National Taiwan Normal University
- Organization: Tokyo National Research Institute for Cultural Properties
National Taiwan Normal University
- Language: English (Japanese)
- Course Fee: Free
- 12 participants maximum
- conservators, restorers, curators, researchers, and students of Asian art and/or conservation science
- 6 participants maximum
- conservators, restorers and curators of textiles
- application form (prescribed)
- in English
- as PDF file
- via e-mail
- by 7th June 2019 (JST)
4. Selection Result
- via e-mail
- by 21st June 2019 (JST)
Basic Workshop (14th – 16th August 2019)
“Cultural Properties of Textile in Japan”
The aim of this three-day workshop is to introduce Japanese textiles through lectures, demonstrations, and practical work conducted by Japanese specialists. The workshop will introduce materials and techniques of Japanese textiles, and so on.
Advanced Workshop (19th – 23rd August 2019)
“Conservation of Japanese Textile"
This five-day workshop is designed for conservators, restorers and curators who already have an advanced knowledge of conservation and restoration of textiles. The workshop includes condition assessment, and conservation and restoration techniques of Japanese textiles through practical work, demonstrations and lectures conducted by Japanese specialists.
The application requirement is the participation in the Basic Workshop in 2017 or 2018 (it is possible to apply for both the Basic Workshop and the Advanced Workshop at once).